Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saint Thérèse de Lisieux - Little ways indeed

Saint Thérèse de Lisieux is known for her "Little Ways". She wrote:

"Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love."

"I am a very little soul, who can offer only very little things to the Lord.
I will spend my Heaven doing good on earth.
After my death I will let fall a shower of roses."


"Everything is a grace, everything is the direct effect of our father's love - difficulties, contradictions, humiliations, all the soul's miseries, her burdens, her needs - everything, because through them, she learns humility, realizes her weakness - Everything is a grace because everything is God's gift. Whatever be the character of life or its unexpected events - to the heart that loves, all is well."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'The Little Flower'

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home